Review of major Canadian Competition Law developments over the past year, including: Criminal, Reviewable Matters, Mergers, Marketing Practices, Private Enforcement, The Long Arm of US Antitrust, Across the Pond Top Stories
- Can indirect purchasers sue for price-fixing losses?
- Bureau reverses the charges on hidden fees
- Court throws the book at Yellow Page business directory scam
An update on significant commercial litigation decisions released recently in Canada.
Contributors: The Hon. David C. Dingwall, P.C., Q.C., Kenneth Dekker, Michael Osborne, Fiona Campbell (Articling Student), and Brigid Wilkinson (Summer Student) An update on significant commercial litigation decisions released recently in Canada.
- Insurance companies hit with $455.7 million class action judgment
- Court of Appeal comes to the fork in the road – and takes it
- Alberta appeal court overturns unprecedented damages award to dismissed investment advisor
- Judgment granted in Ontario’s first-ever environmental tort class action
- The International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes – Its time has come!
- Court refuses to add to the contractual obligations of the vendor of a business