Another integral aspect of the negotiating process is the mandate. Legal counsel as well as other individuals, often represent clients either as an individual or in a larger groups. Your mandate, or lack of mandate, can be crucial to your success, failure or to prolonging the negotiating process indefinitely. [more] Full article
An update on significant commercial litigation decisions released recently in Canada.
Contributors: The Hon. David C. Dingwall, P.C., Q.C., Kenneth Dekker, Michael Osborne, Fiona Campbell (Articling Student), and Brigid Wilkinson (Summer Student) An update on significant commercial litigation decisions released recently in Canada.
- Insurance companies hit with $455.7 million class action judgment
- Court of Appeal comes to the fork in the road – and takes it
- Alberta appeal court overturns unprecedented damages award to dismissed investment advisor
- Judgment granted in Ontario’s first-ever environmental tort class action
- The International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes – Its time has come!
- Court refuses to add to the contractual obligations of the vendor of a business