A ventilation systems installation company, 9201-2640 Québec Inc., pleaded guilty to bid-rigging and was fined $140,000 by the Quebec Superior Court. The company admitted that it had conspired with two other companies, Les Entreprises Promécanic ltée and Les Industries Garanties ltée, to ensure that it offered the lowest bid in order to secure a ventilation contract. This is the fourth guilty plea following an investigation made by the Competition Bureau which uncovered a bid-rigging scheme among a group of contractors for the supply and installation of ventilation and air conditioning systems in a number of condominium projects in the Montreal area. To date, the court has imposed a total of $705,000 in fines.
THE LITIGATORAffleck Greene McMurtry LLP
365 Bay Street, Suite 200 · Toronto, Canada
416 360 2800 · email@example.com · www.thelitigator.ca
- Affleck Greene McMurtry LLP welcomes Kyle Taylor to the Partner’s Table
- Few simple guidelines to ensure you and yours enjoy the best of the holiday season.
- AGM proud to support LIMITLESS: The Special Olympics Canada Gala
In The Media
- Daphne Hooper Quoted on CBC News: Frustrated by fine print, car-buying couple learns you don’t always get what you pay for
- Michael Binetti Quoted in Toronto Star: MLSE imposes 30% scalper surcharge on Leafs and Raptors Tickets
- Ken Dekker quoted in Law Times: A Potential National Securities Regulator Raises Concerns
Most Read Articles
Subscribe to our monthly eNewsletter
Contact the Editors