The legendary basketball coach, John Wooden, once said: “A failure to prepare is preparing to fail.” The same can be said of the negotiator. Preparation is another crucial determinant of the negotiating process. Full article
The Hon. David C. Dingwall, P.C., Q.C., Counsel at Affleck Greene McMurtry LLP, has been appointed to the Board of Directors of the Canada China Business Council (CCBC). The CCBC is a private, not-for-profit business association and acts as Canada’s bilateral trade and investment facilitator, impetus and advocate. In 2011, China’s investment in Canada exceeds $20 billion to date. Full article
An update on significant commercial litigation decisions released recently in Canada.
Contributors: The Hon. David C. Dingwall, P.C., Q.C., Kenneth Dekker, Michael Osborne, Fiona Campbell (Articling Student), and Brigid Wilkinson (Summer Student) An update on significant commercial litigation decisions released recently in Canada.
- Insurance companies hit with $455.7 million class action judgment
- Court of Appeal comes to the fork in the road – and takes it
- Alberta appeal court overturns unprecedented damages award to dismissed investment advisor
- Judgment granted in Ontario’s first-ever environmental tort class action
- The International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes – Its time has come!
- Court refuses to add to the contractual obligations of the vendor of a business